Our Honorary Consul
Robert S. Shumake is the founder of Inheritance Investment Group, a Michigan based real estate investment and development firm. As founder and president, Robert Shumake invests, manages and develops commercial and residential real estate. Robert Shumake has implemented policies and funding strategies to raise capital for small businesses, mortgage loans, commercial leasing and specialized financing. Robert Shumake’s vision is to expand housing opportunities for people dreaming the American dream of owning a home.
Robert Shumake founded the real estate and business corporation, First Equity Holdings in 1996. Since then, First Equity Holdings managed and sold 85% of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) inventory in the state of Michigan with sales of approximately 80 million dollars. In addition, Robert Shumake has developed, sold, or financed well over 100 million dollars in real estate. Based on the success of First Equity Holdings, Robert Shumake received a White House appointment to the Board of Directors for the Federal Home Loan Bank Board, the second largest bank in American with 700 billion in assets. As a director, Robert Shumake presided over the Affordable Housing Committees in Michigan and Indiana . Robert Shumake was also appointed by the governor of Michigan , as a member of the Board of Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons with responsibilities to regulate and license real estate professionals.
As a supporter of cultural arts, Robert Shumake is a member of the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History, located in Detroit , MI . Robert Shumake also served on the board of directors for the Lewis College of Business. Robert Shumake is an active culturist, specializing in political and educational fundraising strategies. He has also served on national finance committees for not-for-profit companies and political candidates.
Robert Shumake has written For Entrepreneurs Who Considered Suicide When Business Got Tough! for individuals looking to achieve their entrepreneurial and financial dreams. The book is a guide, based on Robert Shumake’s experiences as an entrepreneur, for building wealth. Packed with quotes and helpful advice, as well as interactive pages for recording your personal and professional goals, For Entrepreneurs Who Considered Suicide When Business Got Tough! is a must have resource for anyone on a journey to do business well.
In addition to being an author, Robert Shumake hosts radio and television programs in the Detroit area. His radio show, “Necessary Business with Robert Shumake” airs weekly on WCHB-AM. “Take the Land” is a simulcast program that airs weekly. “Take the Land” can be seen on TV 68, TV 33 and heard on WHPR 88.1 FM in Detroit, Michigan.
- National Association of Factoring Professionals
- American Cash Flow Association
- Diversified Cash Flow Association
- Debt Instrument and Financial Professionals
- Board Member, Real Estate Broker and Salesperson
- Board of Director, Federal Home Loan Bank
- Chairman, Detroit City Council Alternative Finance Committee
- Chairman, Michigan Small Business Development Center
- Advisory Board
- Trustee, Lewis College of Business, Detroit
Honors and Accolades
- Small Business Leader Crescent Award, Future Leaders of Detroit
- African-American Male Empowerment Entrepreneur of the Year
- Detroit City Council
- Man of the Year, Alpha Phi Alpha
- Nominated, Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Nominated, Business Leader 100 Impact Awards
- Dearborn Financial Institute
- Diversified Cash Flow
- Institute Honorary Doctorate, Lewis College of Business
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.
- Prince Hall Free and Accepted Masons
- Bridge Foundation Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History, Detroit
- National Order of Odd Fellows